PCC is currently in the process of finding and selecting a new Worship Pastor who will lead the Worship Department. We understand there may be lots of interest in the process! Please see the frequently asked questions below for more information, and join us in praying for God to lead us to the candidate he wants in this role.
How will the selection process work?
To find PCC’s next Worship Pastor and Department Leader, we have retained the services of Slingshot, the country’s leading search ministry for worship pastors. Slingshot has more than 10,000 candidates in their database and has placed hundreds of worship pastors in churches last year alone.
In addition, the Leadership Team has commissioned a selection team, chaired by VK Jones, Leadership Team Representative for Worship Ministries, to help interview and select who God wants in this role.
Who is on the selection team?
Last updated 2/20/18: The team formed and began meeting in the month of February. Notes from the selection team meetings can be found in the Timeline below. The team is chaired by VK Jones, LST Representative for Worship Ministries. The selection team members are:
- VK Jones (Selection Team Chair)
- John Dearborn (Leadership Team Chair)
- Gary Gaddini (Lead Pastor)
- Mary Lou Morton
- Patricia Ortiz
- Jessica Tretler
- Steven Wang
How can I contact the selection team?
Please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will the congregation get to meet a candidate?
Once selected, the candidate will be introduced to the congregation and brought for approval by a vote of the membership, as stated in our bylaws.
Who is currently leading the Worship Department during this selection process?
Gary Gaddini, Lead Pastor, and Dain Jepson, Organizational Development Pastor, are providing interim leadership to the Worship Department.
What is the timeline?
Last updated 2/20/18: This timeline will be continually updated as relevant items become available.
- February 1: Position posted on Slingshot
- February 8: Worship Department transitions announced
- February 18: Selection Team first meeting: Met for the first time as a selection team; identified our task, our priorities, the role of Slingshot, how we will engage together.
- March 4, 12:30pm: Worship Transition Information Meeting (Fellowship Center)
- Desired hire date: At the conclusion of a thorough process where God reveals a called candidate