“Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!” Luke 24:5-6
Those words announced from the angel never get old, do they? I have found myself, in preparing for this week, overwhelmed in a whole new way over the fact that the tomb is empty, we have hope, and there is a story to tell. What great news!
This week, consider this a short primer on how to maximize Easter Weekend at PCC. Please read carefully and prayerfully:
All Week Long:
- Consider reading John 14-17 every day this week. In this “Upper Room Discourse,” you will clearly see what was on Jesus’ heart as He pondered His crucifixion and resurrection. You will find undiluted teaching and the longest recorded prayer of Jesus in this passage.
- Be praying for Easter at PCC, for many to accept the invitation to come to Easter gatherings and, most importantly, for many to discover new, eternal life in Jesus.
- Be on the lookout for people to invite to join you this Sunday. Be a bold inviter!
- Come and experience our Good Friday services where we reflect on the death of Jesus and the atonement for our sins. Two identical services at 7:00 and 9:00pm.
- Get your “Hallelujah Spirit” on and join us for one of our three identical services at 8:00, 9:30 or 11am.
- Please go to our website and orient yourself to the morning and all that is happening, including how you can serve. (We really need joy-filled parking lot servants!)
- If you are coming without guests: Please come to the 8am gathering, park as far away as possible, and serve at another service. Please go to our website and discover how you can serve. (We really need joy-filled parking lot servants!)
- If you have kids: Your kids will engage in a morning of interactive storytelling and activities that include games and egg hunts for our early childhood and younger elementary groups. Got a preteen? No worries, got you covered with bounce houses and nerf games that include the human bunny chase. It’s going to be a fun and celebratory time that your little ones won’t want to miss!
- Parking: Be aware that there will be prime parking reserved for first-time guests. It will be closest to the lawn in the back parking lot. Please try to carpool and park as far away as possible on Easter. Also, come with a servant’s heart and be on the lookout for Divine Appointments while you are at PCC.
I can’t wait for us all to be together. We have prayed, planned, and we are expectant.
May the hope of Easter, history’s greatest comeback, be our hope every day as followers of Jesus. See you on Sunday!
I love being your pastor!