Children’s Curriculum/Material Prep
What we do:
This role helps gather, prepare, and organize materials for Sunday morning Children’s programs.
Why we do it:
Sunday Curriculum/Material Prep plays a vital role in supporting Children’s Ministry, particularly for the leaders in having all they need to run the classroom/program efficiently and effectively.
We know that providing a safe, structured, fun and friendly environment will help foster engagement and growth for our kids. We love knowing our PCC kids are developing relationships with each other and with Jesus. These aims drive us to maintain a high standard of quality—to the best of our ability. Therefore, we take measures to optimally enable our classroom leaders.
This role is integral to sharing the Word of God with kids, in accordance with our PCC Priorities—specifically The Family Table.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps the kids in Children’s Ministry to Grow in Christ-likeness through their participation in Children’s Ministry programs and activities. This contribution is a godly gift to our PCC children and their families, because the Curriculum/Material Prep person Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You love kids.
- You look forward to familiarizing yourself with the curriculum and the needs of the classrooms.
- You value the importance of high quality developmental resources for children’s engagement.
- You can receive feedback regularly and improve the material based on that feedback.
- You are glad to familiarize yourself with protocol and recognize its importance.
- You have a desire to help these little ones grow in Christ.
- You like the comradery of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
- Coordinate with the Children’s Ministry Director on finding a time and place on PCC campus (or at home) to prepare and put together material for the classroom/program.
- Familiarize yourself with the curriculum and receive consistent feedback on what is working well and what needs revision.
- Prepare the material at least 3 days prior to the Sunday when it is needed.
We win when:
- We have consistent prepped material for leaders and kids on Sunday mornings.
- Friendships are forged with teammates.
- Teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- Teammates share ideas and experiences.