Children’s Sunday Storyteller
What we do:
The Storyteller’s role is to engage kids with the story, which entails:
- knowing and understanding the lesson
- creatively making it their own
Storytellers factor in the kids’ ability to comprehend what is being said and how the story relates to their lives.
Why we do it:
Storytelling is a vital part of communicating the Word of God to kids, in accordance with our PCC Priorities—specifically The Family Table.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps the kids in Children’s Ministry to Grow in Christ-likeness through storytelling. This contribution is a godly gift to our PCC children and their families, because the Storyteller Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You are willing to engage kids at their level using fun, interaction, and creativity.
- You are willing to prepare for your scheduled time with the kids.
- You love children.
- You have a desire to help these little ones grow in Christ.
- You like the comradery of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
- We are age appropriate. Keep in mind your audience and their ability to comprehend what is being said and how the story relates to their lives.
- We are creative: Use silly voices, fun examples.
- We interact with the kids and/or have them interact with the story. Kids need interaction beyond listening.
We win when:
- Storytellers prepare in advance by carefully reading the story and supporting verses.
- Storytellers sit with Jesus and know the meaning and lesson behind the story.
- Kids are valued and engaged.
- Friendships are forged with teammates.
- Teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- Teammates share ideas and experiences.