What we do:
At PCC, serving our guests is a high priority! Every Sunday, we receive visits from our PCC family, as well as visitors. We want them to know that we are thrilled they have arrived. New visitors will decide whether or not they’ll embrace our church as a possible community for themselves and their family as soon as they enter the Worship Center.
Ushers provide a warm welcome, information about a variety of engagement opportunities, and other assistance.
Why we do it:
In conjunction with our G4 strategy, as part of our Sunday Connection Team, the role of Usher lets our guests know they are valued when they Gather, which helps prepare them to be worshipful and receptive to the whole gathering experience. This role also encourages people to Grow in Christ through engagement. As a team member, you will Give of your abilities. That’s three of the four G4 elements in one role!
Who does it:
- Are you an extrovert or just love helping people?
- Do you feel excitement at the prospect of helping new people have an awesome first experience at PCC?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this role is for you!
How we do it:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the gathering—energetic and ready to serve.
- Be intentional in seeking out guests.
- Give direction to Sunday options; e.g., Kids Ministry, adult Sunday school classes
- Be joyful, welcoming, and helpful.
- Serve 1-2 times per month, when scheduled and available.
Initial and ongoing training. Monthly check-ins with the Lead Usher.
We win when:
- Guests feel welcomed and valued.
- Guests don’t go unnoticed.
- Guests are engaged and informed.
- Usher teammates become friends and pray for each other.
- Usher teammates share experiences and ideas.
Email: Connection Pastor, Todd Gumbrecht