Audio House Mixer
Worship & Creative Arts
What we do:
The Audio House Mixer operates the audio equipment for the Worship Center, Fellowship Center, or on the lawn. They work with Stagehands in setting up and breaking down microphones, speakers, cables, and other sound devices. They observe the congregation as the program progresses and adjust audio tools to provide a comfortable engaging environment.
Why we do it:
The Audio House Mixer enhances the gathering quality by enabling those on stage to communicate clearly to the audience, improving the participants’ ability to focus, while they learn and immerse themselves into the worship experience.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps our online family to Gather to remember and celebrate God. Their engagement with the worship music and teaching helps them to Grow in Christ-likeness. This contribution is a godly gift from the Audio House Mixer as he or she Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You enjoy a range of music and can listen well.
- You are comfortable with technology and interested in learning.
- You are willing to help move the equipment around when necessary.
- You like the camaraderie of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
The Audio House Mixer has one of the most significant time commitments.
- Arrive about 45 minutes before the scheduled/assigned gathering(s).
- Set up the stage during rehearsal, the gathering, and break down.
- Execute the role during the gathering(s).
- Debrief with your team lead afterwards.
Preliminary and ongoing training.
We win when:
- Hosts, speakers, and band members can confidently focus on their responsibilities, knowing the Audio House Mixer is there to help them fulfill their roles well.
- Friendships are forged with WCA teammates.
- WCA teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- WCA teammates share ideas and experiences.