Worship & Creative Arts
What we do:
Camera Operators operate the camera equipment for the Worship Center, or in Fellowship Center, or on the lawn. They work with Stagehands to set up and break down cameras, cables, and other related devices. They observe the gathering as the program progresses and adjust their camera and tools according to the direction of the Video Switcher/Director.
Why we do it:
The Camera Operator role enhances the gathering quality by focusing on the presentation and direction of the Video Switcher/Director to capture the content of the gathering for the online community, improving the participants’ ability to focus, learn, and immerse themselves into the worship experience.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps our online family to Gather to remember and celebrate God. Their engagement with the worship music and teaching helps them to Grow in Christ-likeness. This contribution is a godly gift from the Camera Operator, as he or she Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You have passion for camera work, wanting to leverage your experience or want to learn how to be a camera operator.
- You love the notion of enriching the worship experience for our PCC Family.
- You can stand for a long time, while focusing on a task throughout the gathering.
- You like the camaraderie of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
The Camera Operator serves during the stage setup, rehearsal, gathering, and breakdown, but focuses primarily on the setup and breakdown of the camera equipment.
- Arrive about 45 minutes before the scheduled/assigned gathering(s).
- Set up and take down the camera equipment.
- Execute the role during the gathering(s).
- Debrief with your team lead afterwards.
Preliminary and ongoing training.
We win when:
- Hosts, speakers, and band members can confidently focus on their responsibilities, knowing the Camera Operator is there to help them fulfill their roles with excellence.
- Friendships are forged with WCA teammates.
- WCA teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- WCA teammates share ideas and experiences.
Email: Audio & Media Tech Director, Greg Bryant
Email: Adults Pastor, Scott Kirksey