Worship & Creative Arts
What we do:
The Video Switcher operates the video equipment for the online gathering. After some training and experience, the Video Switcher may also serve as a Technical Director. They observe the live gathering as the program progresses, selecting which camera or alternative content to present to the online audience.
Why we do it:
The Video Switcher/Director enhances the gathering quality by enabling those online to receive the visual content clearly, improving the participants’ ability to focus, learn and immerse themselves into the worship.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps our guests Gather to remember and celebrate God. Their engagement with worship music and teaching helps them to Grow in Christ-likeness. This contribution is a godly gift from the Video Switcher/Director, as he or she Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You are comfortable with technology and learning a leadership position.
- You are attentive to details.
- You can maintain careful focus.
- You are comfortable with technology and are interested in learning.
- You love the notion of enriching the worship experience for our PCC Family.
- You like the comradery of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
The Video Switcher/Director serves during setup, the gathering, and break down.
- Arrive about 45 minutes before the scheduled/assigned gathering(s).
- Upon arrival, touch base with your team lead for instructions.
- Confirm the equipment is functioning properly before the gathering begins.
- Execute the role during the gathering(s).
- Debrief with your team lead afterwards.
Preliminary and ongoing guidance.
We win when:
- Hosts, speakers, and band members can focus on their responsibilities when confident that the Video Switcher/Director is there to help them present the content to the online community.
- Friendships are forged with WCA teammates.
- WCA teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- WCA teammates share ideas and experiences.