The PCC Discernment Team consists of the elected congregational Leadership Team (LST), the staff-based Lead Team (LT), and select PCC representatives. The intent of this team is to discern the the future structure of the PCC Sunday gatherings. Below you will find regular updates, regarding their progress. Watch our events schedule for opportunities to hear from the team and provide feedback to them via Zoom calls.
We need your input!
You can provide input through two means: by participating in a Zoom discussion or by emailing your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Zoom calls will be held from 7 PM-8 PM on the following dates (click the dates to view the events):
June 9, 2020
The Discernment Team met for the first of six sessions to clarify our focus of:
We are following a discernment process outline, provided in Pursuing God’s Will Together by Ruth Haley Barton.
June 23, 2020
The Discernment Team met for the second of six sessions to focus on the following:
- evaluate how indifferent we each are to the potential outcome God has for PCC’s worship gatherings
- hear about and clarify the History of our Gatherings from 2015-present
- pray for discernment
July 8, 2020
The Discernment Team met for the third of six sessions to focus on the following:
- review outstanding questions, input from the first of three congregational input sessions, and current leadings
- separated into four breakout groups via Zoom to begin brainstorming gathering options for during and post COVID-19
- reported back options to larger group
- prayed for trust, indifference and wisdom in our discernment process
Discernment Team Roster: