Adult Ministry: Care
Care Team Member
What we do:
The Care Team provides spiritual and physical support to those experiencing health challenges or loss. We carry out our ministry through visitation, cards of encouragement/condolence, meals, transportation, memorial receptions, flowers, and other volunteer services.
Why we do it:
We value gathering in community and fostering authentic relationships at PCC. Part of caring for one another means being there in times of need. We all go through challenging seasons. Care Team Members have the honor and opportunity to bring encouragement and hope to those who request our help. In this way we are sharing Jesus Christ as an expression of His heart, a core PCC value.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, Care Team Members Grow in Christ-likeness, as they care for those in need. They are a beacon to Christ and draw people to Him through their care. This contribution is a godly gift to all who receive their attentions. Care Team Members bless the PCC Family and community, as they Give of their time, talents, and abilities.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
-2 Corinthians 1:3-4, NIV
Who does it:
- You like to encourage others.
- You have a heart for your community when they are in times of distress.
- You minister to others by just being present.
- You seek to bless others.
God can use any of us to be the hands and feet of Jesus for people in our community.
How we do it:
Our Care Team is comprised of the following functional areas:
- Greeting cards
- Memorial receptions
- Prayer requests
On this team, you will connect with a Team Lead to be assigned care requests. You will be part of a team that gets to know one another and encourages one another. We meet as a team on a quarterly basis. We communicate with PCC’s Gathering Pastors, as needed.
- Initial and ongoing training is provided, so that we are equipped and current on PCC’s care protocols.
- Monthly check-ins with the Traditional Gathering Pastor.
We win when:
- Our PCC Family experiences care from our team.
- A team member prays for another team member.
- Friendships are forged through serving together.
- Ideas are shared and discussed within the team.