Kids MW Check-In Assistant
What we do:
The Midweek Check-In Assistant greets and assists families with checking in their child for program participation. In this capacity, we engage parents and kids with a smiling face, warm care, and guidance, when they first arrive at a Children’s Ministry event or program. We support our families so they get to where they need to be.
Why we do it:
Having a smooth and welcoming check-in experience has a positive impact on both the child and the guardian who is checking in the child. This experience will set the tone for the child’s program involvement and possibly the guardian’s frame of mind after leaving check-in!
We know that providing a safe, structured, fun and friendly environment will help foster engagement and growth for our kids. We love knowing our PCC kids are developing relationships with each other and with Jesus.
This role is integral to sharing the Word of God with kids, in accordance with our PCC Priorities—specifically The Family Table.
Aligning with our G4 Strategy, this role helps the kids in Children’s Ministry to Grow in Christ-likeness through their participation in Children’s Ministry programs and activities. This contribution is a godly gift to our PCC children and their families, because the Midweek Check-In Assistant Gives of their talents and abilities.
Who does it:
- You love kids.
- You are a welcoming and hospitable person
- You love greeting families and kids, letting them know you are happy to see them.
- You are glad to familiarize yourself with protocol and recognize its importance.
- You are willing and able to learn automated (computer-based and peripheral-based) processes.
- You are a responsive and resourceful person.
- You like the comradery of being on a team and the interplay of working as a team.
How we do it:
- Arrive 15 minutes ahead of time to make sure all tech is set as needed.
- Make sure the Check-In box is stocked with backup clipboard sign-in sheets, name tags, pens and sharpies.
- Have new families fill out ALL their information on the clipboard; first and last name of child and guardian, child’s age, grade, medical notes, guardian phone number and email.
- Help check-in kids as they arrive.
- Be prepared to pull out clipboard sign-in sheets, name tags, pens, and sharpies in case a tech malfunction occurs during computerized check-in.
We win when:
- Kids and their families are greeted, welcomed, and given clarity for what is next.
- Friendships are forged with teammates.
- Teammates pray for and encourage each other.
- Teammates share ideas and experiences.
Email: Family Ministry Director, Jacquie Ronan